Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geothermal system cracking/fracking

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

For a project we are simulation a geothermal doublet system. The system consists of an injection and extraction well that are placed in a reservoir of semi-random permeability, making fluid flow potentially difficult. A technique to improve permeability around wells is called cracking, which effectively creates larger areas in the rock for fluids to flow between.

In order to simulate this I would like to overwrite the locked permeability map of the reservoir with a circle around the well that has improved permeability. How can I make this happen?

In the attachment I have placed a screenshot of what I have now, with the permeability of the two circles adjusted to 1e-13 (the permeability of sand, that will most likely fill up the gaps). During running, the error in the second attachment pops up. I tried meshing the two circles, and also tried to make a union with the reservoir (the square). Also I figured that the upper circle might just pass the boundaries, so I made sure it is within the boundaries of the reservoir. None if these issues fixed the problem though.

If there is anything unclear up till now about my problem, please do tell!

Thanks for helping out!

Regards,
Yvo

1 Reply Last Post 2016年5月23日 GMT-4 02:30
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月23日 GMT-4 02:30
Dear Yvo,

I suggest you address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best regards,
François Mandias
Dear Yvo, I suggest you address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best regards, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.