Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

thermal expansion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to study the expansion of copper deposited on silicon wafer when heated in a furnace in thermal cycles. for example, if I set my furnace to increase the temperature by 10 C per minute until it reaches 150 C after that it cools down to 60 C at same rate and again it heats up at same rate. It continues for 5 hours. And finally I want to study the deformation/expansion in copper deposited on silicon wafer. How to simulate it in COMSOL?

1 Reply Last Post 2016年5月27日 GMT-4 08:02
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月27日 GMT-4 08:02
Hello Umesh,
The busbar tutorial featured in the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual, version 5.2, illustrates how to set up a model with thermal expansion. Please note that it requires that your license carry either the Structural Mechanics Module or the MEMS Module.
All manuals are accessed through the File > Help >Documentation menu.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Umesh, The busbar tutorial featured in the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual, version 5.2, illustrates how to set up a model with thermal expansion. Please note that it requires that your license carry either the Structural Mechanics Module or the MEMS Module. All manuals are accessed through the File > Help >Documentation menu. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.