Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

uaxi_axi and stored solutions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

maybe this is a quite stupid qestion but a im not that experienced with comsol.
I am playing a little bit with the peristaltic pump model from the library in comsol 3.5a and modified the geometry of the tube with the fluid flow a little bit. Now it becomes interestning to have a look at the pumping parameters that are defined by the constant list: ton, toff, vo, dt and so on. Unfortunately this model is solved in two steps. First the Stress and the mechanics, than the solution is stored and solver properties and boundary conditions are modified and thenn the NSE and the moving mesh is solved.
At first, my idea was to save the model as a matlab script and do a "quick" parameter sweep to optimize the model and compare it to my experiment. The problem is that the model is solved in two steps and that i have to make all changes since the solution of the stress modell undone to change parameters, redo the stress calculation and than store the new solution, change everything back to solve the NSE and moving mesh and so on.

Is there ANY way, to solve something like that in one step - I found no way so far and building everything back, solve and rebuilding it is sooooo annoying :-( It seems that uaxi_axi is not a solution variable in the stress train mode. Is this the problem?

Kind regards

Lukas

1 Reply Last Post 2010年11月24日 GMT-5 08:35
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月24日 GMT-5 08:35
Hi

segregated solving technicsa are there to improve facilitate convergence, I'm afrais (but not sure) that your model will not converge if you try to mis all in one go.

But in 3.5 your method of looping around in Matlab seems to me to b the correct approach, you must "just" lloop around both solvers and ensure that there is a correct save and restart with saved solution.

There are further some explanations about the solver sequencer in 3.5a that could allow you to make a 1-turn 3.5a GUI model and then you can save it as a m file and loop around quicker in matlab

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi segregated solving technicsa are there to improve facilitate convergence, I'm afrais (but not sure) that your model will not converge if you try to mis all in one go. But in 3.5 your method of looping around in Matlab seems to me to b the correct approach, you must "just" lloop around both solvers and ensure that there is a correct save and restart with saved solution. There are further some explanations about the solver sequencer in 3.5a that could allow you to make a 1-turn 3.5a GUI model and then you can save it as a m file and loop around quicker in matlab -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.