Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance calculation in piezoelectric device module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am trying to plot the curve of the impedance Z in fuction of the frequency in piezoelectric device module.

I have succeeded to find the expression that sould be introduced to plot the admittance in the y axis. Nevertheless, introducing " imag(Y11.es) " plots the addmittance of the device considering that the damping is zedo (that's why he neglected the real part) which is not my case.

I will begrateful if someone can help with this. I just need the expression that shoud be introduced to calculate Z and arg(Z).

Regards
Hela

1 Reply Last Post 2016年6月13日 GMT-4 12:30

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月13日 GMT-4 12:30
Dear Hela,

I was wondering if you can help me with a problem. I am basically modeling a piezoelectric film that has a geometry of a square and I want to stretch it on both sides. Hence, I apply a boundary load and the rest is free. However, when I selected study, I got an error "
Failed to find a solution.
The relative error (4.6e+004) is greater than the relative tolerance.
Returned solution is not converged.
"

Can you help me with this?
Dear Hela, I was wondering if you can help me with a problem. I am basically modeling a piezoelectric film that has a geometry of a square and I want to stretch it on both sides. Hence, I apply a boundary load and the rest is free. However, when I selected study, I got an error " Failed to find a solution. The relative error (4.6e+004) is greater than the relative tolerance. Returned solution is not converged. " Can you help me with this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.