Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material properties using functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello
I'm simulating a human body skin using COMSOL, the properties of the skin change depending on the applied frequency. For instance the electrical conductivity is 1.49 at 2.5 GHz while it's 15.1 at freq= 16 GHz, the same concept for the relative permittivity. However, I have a file with such givens at the different frequencies, what i need is to make a sweep over these different frequencies but i want the properties of the material to be changed at these frequencies as well. Is that possible to be done on COMSOL??
thanks a lot

Doaa

5 Replies Last Post 2016年7月21日 GMT-4 09:31

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月19日 GMT-4 16:27
Yes.
Yes.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月19日 GMT-4 16:41
How can I do this plz
i'm searching for the modes exist at different frequencies and make that sweep so that I can find which frequency gives better response

plz write me steps for doing that

thanks very very much

Regards,
Doaa
How can I do this plz i'm searching for the modes exist at different frequencies and make that sweep so that I can find which frequency gives better response plz write me steps for doing that thanks very very much Regards, Doaa

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月20日 GMT-4 12:42
Well, the first question I'd have is whether your conductivity is separate or in addition to loss modeled by a complex permittivity. Thus, the first thing you'll need to consider are the settings of Wave Equation, Electric and how you are modelling conduction current versus displacement current. Could you tell me your approach?
Well, the first question I'd have is whether your conductivity is separate or in addition to loss modeled by a complex permittivity. Thus, the first thing you'll need to consider are the settings of Wave Equation, Electric and how you are modelling conduction current versus displacement current. Could you tell me your approach?

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月20日 GMT-4 12:46
Here's a useful discussion of the question. Perhaps you'd like to read it and follow some of the links.

www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-of-materials-in-wave-electromagnetics-problems/
Here's a useful discussion of the question. Perhaps you'd like to read it and follow some of the links. https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-of-materials-in-wave-electromagnetics-problems/

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月21日 GMT-4 09:31
Use interpolation function in material properties and have frequency ( parameter sweep parameter) as argument.
Use interpolation function in material properties and have frequency ( parameter sweep parameter) as argument.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.