Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need some insight into modeling electroforming

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have reached the point, that my model is working to some degree, but I am not really sure, that I have been doing things correctly.

I created a 2D model with rotational symmetry, defined an anode and a kathode via an electrode surface node, use the deformed geometry functionality and model time dependent.
I use a user defined function, created from measurements, for the electrode kinetics in the electrode reaction subnode.
The data file contains a column for potential and one for the current density. When using the function, which potential should I use as an argument, when modeling the electrodeposition in galvanostatic control (constant current)? I chose phil from the initial values node.
From the data file I derive an equilibrium potential of -0,32... V. I assume that this is the value I have to enter for E_eq (for anode and kathode?).

If I remember correctly, when choosing total current or average current density, there is a potential value that can be changed. What is it for?

0 Replies Last Post 2016年7月26日 GMT-4 12:04
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Frank Gansert

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.