Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Facing problem in selecting perfect electric conductor boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am trying to design multi mode interference coupler in 3D and I used electromagnetic beam envelope as physics. There in perfect electric conductor option I want to select some boundaries but not able to do so. It is showing overridden or not applicable or nothing is written in the select boundary list. I want to select some other boundaries. Could somebody help me with this problem. Any thing I can read on this problem. Thank You

Sneha Kumari

3 Replies Last Post 2016年9月16日 GMT-4 15:44

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月16日 GMT-4 07:10
I am also getting the error as follows:

Failed to find a solution.
Singular matrix.

There are 1 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.ewbe.S4x.
at coordinates: (0,0,0), ...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom (empty columns in matrix).
Returned solution is not converged.
- Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)

Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong appreciated.

Thank you.
I am also getting the error as follows: Failed to find a solution. Singular matrix. There are 1 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.ewbe.S4x. at coordinates: (0,0,0), ... and similarly for the degrees of freedom (empty columns in matrix). Returned solution is not converged. - Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong appreciated. Thank you.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月16日 GMT-4 10:07
Sneha,
You can add another internal boundary as PEC by adding another Perfect Electrical conductor boundary node..

The error could be not assigning the material properties to boundary or inadequate meshing. Enabled physics-controlled mesh in EM node and choose maximum frequency control.
With best wishes,
Sohan
Sneha, You can add another internal boundary as PEC by adding another Perfect Electrical conductor boundary node.. The error could be not assigning the material properties to boundary or inadequate meshing. Enabled physics-controlled mesh in EM node and choose maximum frequency control. With best wishes, Sohan

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月16日 GMT-4 15:44
Hi
I included another internal PEC boundary, but I have one doubt that Is there any effect of first PEC on structure if I include another PEC boundary and If I am using Si and SiO2 as materials in my structure,so is there any need to apply PEC on structure.

Actually I am confused about PEC condition , where to use this and why.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Hi I included another internal PEC boundary, but I have one doubt that Is there any effect of first PEC on structure if I include another PEC boundary and If I am using Si and SiO2 as materials in my structure,so is there any need to apply PEC on structure. Actually I am confused about PEC condition , where to use this and why. Thank you very much for your reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.