Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Free-surface deformation at pressure difference by level set method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everyone

Recently, I'm trying modeling the deformation of a cavitation bubble at large pressure difference by level set method.

In this model, the density of gas is in function of the pressure. and the free-surface deformation is mainly caused by the pressure difference. However, I found in the level set method in COMSOL that the deformation of the interface mainly depends on the surface tension force, rather than the pressure difference. I mean that the pressure difference has no effects on the interface deformation in the two-phase flow model by level set method in COMSOL.

However, I tried the two phase flow by moving mesh method, where the interface deformation is based on the pressure difference as well as the surface tension surface. However, the moving mesh method has its inadequacy in bubble collapse and coalescence.

I believe that the level set method is still a better method dealing with interface deformation in the two-phase flow.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年10月31日 GMT-4 05:13
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Beyond Chan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.