Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to plot fillers in matrix

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My question is about constructing a geometry where there are a box full of platelets ( disks in 2D)
my question is : should i build an algorithm to get the right distribution of platelets in my box or i can build my geometry without problems?
Thank you

6 Replies Last Post 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 08:38
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年11月15日 GMT-5 12:42
Hello Sarra,
Ultimately, you can get get the most flexibility with a script of course, but many times there are alternate approaches that don't require programming. For instance, if the platelets are regularly arranged you could use the Array feature. If not, please give more details on what you want their spatial distribution to look like so other users can provide more insight/suggestions.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Sarra, Ultimately, you can get get the most flexibility with a script of course, but many times there are alternate approaches that don't require programming. For instance, if the platelets are regularly arranged you could use the Array feature. If not, please give more details on what you want their spatial distribution to look like so other users can provide more insight/suggestions. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 03:49
Thank you Jeff !
I couldn't find a way to use a script in comsol perhaps because i don't have Matlab on my computer ?
Thank you Jeff ! I couldn't find a way to use a script in comsol perhaps because i don't have Matlab on my computer ?

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 08:03
MATLAB (connected to COMSOL through COMSOL's LiveLink for MATLAB: www.comsol.com/livelink-for-matlab ) is one approach.

Another approach, if you use COMSOL on Windows, would be to use the Application Builder to create an app that builds the geometry. The programming is then done in Java Script.
Best,
Jeff
MATLAB (connected to COMSOL through COMSOL's LiveLink for MATLAB: https://www.comsol.com/livelink-for-matlab ) is one approach. Another approach, if you use COMSOL on Windows, would be to use the Application Builder to create an app that builds the geometry. The programming is then done in Java Script. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 08:25
Thank you again Jeff !
But the matter is that I don't have MATLAB installed in my computer because I am not using it actually, i have just a code that i have built before so that when i tried to use livelink to MATLAB i couldn't connect to the server. That's mean i have to download it?
Thank youu
Thank you again Jeff ! But the matter is that I don't have MATLAB installed in my computer because I am not using it actually, i have just a code that i have built before so that when i tried to use livelink to MATLAB i couldn't connect to the server. That's mean i have to download it? Thank youu

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 08:37
I understand. And indeed, LiveLink for MATLAB does not do anything unless you have MATLAB.

As I mentioned, an alternative approach would be to use the Application Builder.

Best,
Jeff
I understand. And indeed, LiveLink for MATLAB does not do anything unless you have MATLAB. As I mentioned, an alternative approach would be to use the Application Builder. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 08:38
Okey thank you Jeff !
Okey thank you Jeff !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.