Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add a part to the part library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Is it possible to add your own parts to the comsol part library? I want to create a part in one model, and then use it in other models without using that first model as a template. I see that I can export the part as an .mphbin, and I know I can import that in other models, but the import node is not nearly as useful as a part with all the geometry sub-nodes defined.

Thanks,
Jayse Langdon

1 Reply Last Post 2017年2月9日 GMT-5 02:39
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月9日 GMT-5 02:39
Hi,

A part is contained in an .mph file.

You create a part under Global Definitions -> Geometry Parts and then just save the file..

Open one of the parts shipped with the product (you will find it in a location like C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL52a\Multiphysics\parts\COMSOL_Multiphysics\Examples ) to see how a part is structured.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, A part is contained in an .mph file. You create a part under Global Definitions -> Geometry Parts and then just save the file.. Open one of the parts shipped with the product (you will find it in a location like C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL52a\Multiphysics\parts\COMSOL_Multiphysics\Examples ) to see how a part is structured. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.