Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 5.2a doesn't show plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a model that I developed in Comsol v.5.2 and everything works fine. I can plot all the parameters and I can do different post-processing. However, when I open the model with Comsol v.5.2a, I can run the model, but I can't see the results. I created different plots, I set the parameters but the plot window shows the same plot that was set to appear during simulation. In other words, I can't get the Plot Window to change - it gets frozen, while all the other functions are working perfectly fine.

In addition to this, if I try to export the frozen plot to Clipboard, and then paste it in a Word Document, I get a filled black figure output.

I repeat, I have no such problems in Comsol v.5.2 for the same model.

Can anyone help me with this?

Paul

3 Replies Last Post 2017年2月10日 GMT-5 07:54
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月9日 GMT-5 10:50
Have you tried switching to software rendering?
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/933/
Best,
Jeff
Have you tried switching to software rendering? https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/933/ Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月10日 GMT-5 05:23
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the answer! That was the first thing I've done. I have switched between Software, OpenGL and DirectX. DirectX is a bit better, meaning that it unfreezes the Graphics Window, but the plots are sent as black filled figures to the Clipboard. Does 5.2a require updates of the Video Card? I will update it soon and will come back with an update on this thread, unless you think there is something else that I need to change.

Paul
Hey Jeff, Thanks for the answer! That was the first thing I've done. I have switched between Software, OpenGL and DirectX. DirectX is a bit better, meaning that it unfreezes the Graphics Window, but the plots are sent as black filled figures to the Clipboard. Does 5.2a require updates of the Video Card? I will update it soon and will come back with an update on this thread, unless you think there is something else that I need to change. Paul

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月10日 GMT-5 07:54
There are rare exceptions where you're better off with an outdated graphics driver, but as a good rule of thumb, the most recent available driver is the one you want to have.
Jeff
There are rare exceptions where you're better off with an outdated graphics driver, but as a good rule of thumb, the most recent available driver is the one you want to have. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.