Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error file on knowledgebase

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

can anybody help me with the attached file from:

www.comsol.de/support/knowledgebase/916/

I got an error "error in opening zip file" by opening it. Am i right that tthe file is for comsol 4.0a?

Thanks a lot.

Matthias

5 Replies Last Post 2011年3月2日 GMT-5 17:46
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月7日 GMT-5 02:52
Hi

its probably a version issue, you need the latest version to read the file. mph files are zipped xml files today

No, I'm wrong:, it's a femlab 3.2 file that needs to be translated at least to 3.5a to be read into V4

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi its probably a version issue, you need the latest version to read the file. mph files are zipped xml files today No, I'm wrong:, it's a femlab 3.2 file that needs to be translated at least to 3.5a to be read into V4 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月7日 GMT-5 03:14
Hi Ivar, thanks for your reply. Is it possible for u to convert it for me? Cause i dont understand the description of the solution. But the skineffekt is fundamental in AC simulation. I don't understand how to set up the variables I1 I2 and I3 right...what is the expression of this variables? And what is the right bc for the unknown "loop potentials" V1 V2 V3...

Thanks
Hi Ivar, thanks for your reply. Is it possible for u to convert it for me? Cause i dont understand the description of the solution. But the skineffekt is fundamental in AC simulation. I don't understand how to set up the variables I1 I2 and I3 right...what is the expression of this variables? And what is the right bc for the unknown "loop potentials" V1 V2 V3... Thanks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月7日 GMT-5 03:29
Hi

I do not have access to "my" COMSOL as I'm on a travel, for a few days.
Indeed skin effects are important, that is why COMSOL has added the advanced multiturn BC's in V4, read carefully through the doc (you need 4.1) as its rather subtil. Start with a simple coil to compare with analytical results until you catch the essentails of these BC's, for the different initial conditions (current or voltage driven)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not have access to "my" COMSOL as I'm on a travel, for a few days. Indeed skin effects are important, that is why COMSOL has added the advanced multiturn BC's in V4, read carefully through the doc (you need 4.1) as its rather subtil. Start with a simple coil to compare with analytical results until you catch the essentails of these BC's, for the different initial conditions (current or voltage driven) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月2日 GMT-5 17:38

Hello,

can anybody help me with the attached file from:

www.comsol.de/support/knowledgebase/916/

I got an error "error in opening zip file" by opening it. Am i right that tthe file is for comsol 4.0a?

Thanks a lot.

Matthias

Hi!

I have the same problem with you "error in opening zip file" when I download a *.mph file from the website.
Just found the reason. It's because when you downloaded the file, you didn't use your comsol account to log in (although strange without login can still download the mph model file), after you log in using your Comsol account, download again and this problem disappears.

For later version model, it will come with a different error something like "the model is constructed using a later version ....".

At least I did this way to be able to open the models, hope it helps.
XLi

[QUOTE] Hello, can anybody help me with the attached file from: http://www.comsol.de/support/knowledgebase/916/ I got an error "error in opening zip file" by opening it. Am i right that tthe file is for comsol 4.0a? Thanks a lot. Matthias [/QUOTE] Hi! I have the same problem with you "error in opening zip file" when I download a *.mph file from the website. Just found the reason. It's because when you downloaded the file, you didn't use your comsol account to log in (although strange without login can still download the mph model file), after you log in using your Comsol account, download again and this problem disappears. For later version model, it will come with a different error something like "the model is constructed using a later version ....". At least I did this way to be able to open the models, hope it helps. XLi

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月2日 GMT-5 17:46
Hi

contact your Comsol rep and find out how to get the v4.1 version (4.2 is also soon here I have heard, because 4.0 was an early version and a lot of frustrating issues are now ironed out, its far more fun to work in the new version ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi contact your Comsol rep and find out how to get the v4.1 version (4.2 is also soon here I have heard, because 4.0 was an early version and a lot of frustrating issues are now ironed out, its far more fun to work in the new version ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.