Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting Results for Parametric Solutions for parameter individually in 1d Table Graph

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi There,
I' running a simulation in ac/dc model (2D) and i want to compare the current density in a domain point probe for different frequencies for my input signal. if i do a parametric sweep i and wanna plot the results i have the opportunity to plot the 2d plot for the different parameters using the dropdown menu. if i wanna do this in the 1d probe table graph it seems that its not possible. i attached a screenshot; i can choose the frequencies in the probe plot group but cant plot the current density over time in a table graph for each frequency individually.

is there any possibility? I'm using Comsol 5.2a and i ve already searched the forum for answers but couldn't solve this problem.

i m thankful for any advice

best regards

Hannes

3 Replies Last Post 2017年4月11日 GMT-4 03:49
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年4月6日 GMT-4 09:24
Hello Hannes,
Could you use the with(,) operator?
See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.2a, page 250.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Hannes, Could you use the with(,) operator? See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.2a, page 250. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年4月7日 GMT-4 12:23
Hello Jeff,
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the manual but to be honest i dont know what to do with it. Where do i use the "with" operator? can i stick to the approach of using a parametric sweep for the frequencies and plotting a table graph based on the accumulated probe table ( which does include all the necessary data )?if so, where do i use the with operator?

Thanks a lot

Hannes
Hello Jeff, Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the manual but to be honest i dont know what to do with it. Where do i use the "with" operator? can i stick to the approach of using a parametric sweep for the frequencies and plotting a table graph based on the accumulated probe table ( which does include all the necessary data )?if so, where do i use the with operator? Thanks a lot Hannes

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年4月11日 GMT-4 03:49
for more details. the model:

time dependent study, ac/dc, analyzing current density in conductive media in a domain point probe, applying a sinusoidal signal and adding a parametric sweep, for different frequencies.

now my question is, is there a opportunity to plot the current distribution over time for each frequency. if i add an accumulated table i have all the data i need in one table, but it seems impossible to plot the signal for each frequency individually.

Please help me :) I m lost with this simple task, i know it should be quite easy to export the data to matlab, but im sure there s an option within comsol?
for more details. the model: time dependent study, ac/dc, analyzing current density in conductive media in a domain point probe, applying a sinusoidal signal and adding a parametric sweep, for different frequencies. now my question is, is there a opportunity to plot the current distribution over time for each frequency. if i add an accumulated table i have all the data i need in one table, but it seems impossible to plot the signal for each frequency individually. Please help me :) I m lost with this simple task, i know it should be quite easy to export the data to matlab, but im sure there s an option within comsol?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.