Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with meshing my geometry in the corner

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
Can anyone help me get my desired mesh in the corner of the curved surface found in the attachment?
This is a 3D model and I used tetrahedral meshes. As I decrease the mesh size, I still get one element in the corner. I need to get two or more.
Is there any way to do this?
Amin,

3 Replies Last Post 2017年4月11日 GMT-4 10:52

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年4月11日 GMT-4 02:08
You could perhaps use partitioning of the geometry to force the elements to be as you would like. Maybe use the point in the corner as one of three points to define the workplane to split your part.

Mark
You could perhaps use partitioning of the geometry to force the elements to be as you would like. Maybe use the point in the corner as one of three points to define the workplane to split your part. Mark

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年4月11日 GMT-4 09:45
Amin,

Attached is mesh with controlled number of elements in the corner.

Regards,
Sergei
Amin, Attached is mesh with controlled number of elements in the corner. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年4月11日 GMT-4 10:52
Thank you for your replies. It worked.
Amin,
Thank you for your replies. It worked. Amin,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.