Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Two phase system by Phase Field model periodic BC fluid mass vanish

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I'm using Phase Field model to simulate two phase flow in pore scale. When the model is bounded by no slip or wetted wall, everything comes out good. However, when I apply Periodic BC on two of the boundaries. The amount (volume fraction) will decrease to 0 which means one of the fluid will vanish as the simulation going on. Could someone give me some advice about this issue. Thank you very much. The model is quite large so I cant upload it. But I can send it through email to you.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年4月19日 GMT-4 22:27
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhipeng Zhu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.