Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 3.5 Modeling Question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How do I define a global parameter, in COMSOL 3.5, so that I can use it for creating a part of a geometry, say the thickness of a diaphragm and use it to do a parametric sweep? I would be doing the parametric sweep in relation to the diaphragm thickness to see the change in deflection of the diaphragm with a given force due to different thicknesses. I know in COMSOL 4.1 there is a section under Global Definitions that allows you to define global parameters and then use them in building your geometry. When I try to define global expressions in COMSOL 3.5 it will let me, but then when I try to use them as my dimension inputs it gives me an error saying the global expression is not defined. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in the COMSOL User's Guide either.

1 Reply Last Post 2011年3月2日 GMT-5 16:17
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月2日 GMT-5 16:17
It's one of the major new features of v4 vs v3. That capability did not exist before the release of v4.0.
Jeff
It's one of the major new features of v4 vs v3. That capability did not exist before the release of v4.0. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.