Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

lattice mismatched strain problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am now working on the lattice mismatched heterostructure system,such as quantum dots on substrate. I would like to obtain the strain tensor by minimizing the total elastic energy of the system. This process lead to the equation of KU=F, where K is the stiffness equation, U is the displacement and F is the total load.

I wonder in the comsol software do I need to solve this equation. As I know, by setting the initial load through thermal expansion and perodic boundary conditions, I could obtain the result. However, my result is not correct compare to the paper that I try to simulate. Could you please give me some advice about it? Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2018年1月7日 GMT-5 20:47

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2018年1月7日 GMT-5 20:47

The pictures attached below are my model and strain tensor XX in z direction, but this result is diffenent to the paper. Could anyone give me some suggestion?

The pictures attached below are my model and strain tensor XX in z direction, but this result is diffenent to the paper. Could anyone give me some suggestion?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.