Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Conductive media DC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to solve Laplace equation over a circular geometry. I found out how to solve it by Conductive media DC in version 3.4 however I could not find the Laplace equation in version 4.1.

Would you please help me to find such an equation in the new version.

Thanks,
Hoda

3 Replies Last Post 2011年4月20日 GMT-4 11:11
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月20日 GMT-4 03:14
Hi

have you checked Mathematics Classical PDE Laplace Equation (lepq) in the physics choices ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked Mathematics Classical PDE Laplace Equation (lepq) in the physics choices ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月20日 GMT-4 04:53
Dear Ivar,

Thank you for your response.

I have used Laplace equation but I would like to apply current in boundaries and measure voltage over the surface by solving Laplace equation.

The equations in Conductive media DC under electromagnetic are exactly what I wanted but I could not find them in the new version.

-?.d(??V-J^e )=dQ_j Domain settings equation
-n.J=J_n Boundary settings equation

I was wondering if you could help me to find such an equation or similar to them.

Regards,
Hoda
Dear Ivar, Thank you for your response. I have used Laplace equation but I would like to apply current in boundaries and measure voltage over the surface by solving Laplace equation. The equations in Conductive media DC under electromagnetic are exactly what I wanted but I could not find them in the new version. -?.d(??V-J^e )=dQ_j Domain settings equation -n.J=J_n Boundary settings equation I was wondering if you could help me to find such an equation or similar to them. Regards, Hoda

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月20日 GMT-4 11:11
Hi,

The equivalent physics interface in version 4.1 is called Electric Currents.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, The equivalent physics interface in version 4.1 is called Electric Currents. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.