Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Does anyone know the how I should implement dweak (in 3.5a) in version 4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was just wondering if anyone has the same problem on finding dweak (for Weak Form PDE) in the Comsol 4. It seams that the new model nodes change it all. Is there any example on how to impose the dweak equation to the model? Any hints will be gratefully appreciated.

Hui

7 Replies Last Post 2012年10月29日 GMT-4 23:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hui Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月24日 GMT-4 10:40
I have the same problem and don't know what to do. Cannot find the time-dependent weak terms in V4.

Can anybody help? Thx
I have the same problem and don't know what to do. Cannot find the time-dependent weak terms in V4. Can anybody help? Thx

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月24日 GMT-4 10:55
if I understood well about your question, you could try to type your weak expression with the time derivatives terms. for example, if w is your variable, you can relate your equations with the time by writing wt.. (first derivative related with the time)

Hope this could be useful for you.
--
Martino
if I understood well about your question, you could try to type your weak expression with the time derivatives terms. for example, if w is your variable, you can relate your equations with the time by writing wt.. (first derivative related with the time) Hope this could be useful for you. -- Martino

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月24日 GMT-4 11:16
What problem are you trying to solve
Please share.
What problem are you trying to solve Please share.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月24日 GMT-4 11:24
Hi, I am trying to model the full-vectorial whispering-gallery-mode (www.npl.co.uk/science-technology/time-frequency/microwave-frequency-standards/research/2.5-d-simulation-of-axi-symmetric-electromagnetic-structures) and basically use the same method which is based on weak form PDE. All the examples on the wbesite are in early version 3.x. Now I am trying to use the V4 to do the same thing but there is no dweak in V4.
Hi, I am trying to model the full-vectorial whispering-gallery-mode (http://www.npl.co.uk/science-technology/time-frequency/microwave-frequency-standards/research/2.5-d-simulation-of-axi-symmetric-electromagnetic-structures) and basically use the same method which is based on weak form PDE. All the examples on the wbesite are in early version 3.x. Now I am trying to use the V4 to do the same thing but there is no dweak in V4.

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月24日 GMT-4 11:29
That is correct, you add the time-derivative terms directly using, for example, wt to represent the time derivative of w. The dweak field was optional in version 3.5a, which also supported this improved "implicit form" of the weak formulation. See, for example, the Transport and Adsorption model in the COMSOL Multiphysics Model Library, which models a surface concentration using a time-dependent weak PDE formulation on the boundary.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
That is correct, you add the time-derivative terms directly using, for example, wt to represent the time derivative of w. The dweak field was optional in version 3.5a, which also supported this improved "implicit form" of the weak formulation. See, for example, the Transport and Adsorption model in the COMSOL Multiphysics Model Library, which models a surface concentration using a time-dependent weak PDE formulation on the boundary. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月28日 GMT-5 14:06
Hi

I m still having the same problem previous users have risen. So, how do we set the dweak parameters?

Thank you
Hi I m still having the same problem previous users have risen. So, how do we set the dweak parameters? Thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月29日 GMT-4 23:14
Hi All

Has anyone been able to simulate microdisk in comsol 4.3. with PML boundary condition ?

cheers
Hi All Has anyone been able to simulate microdisk in comsol 4.3. with PML boundary condition ? cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.