Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer - Heating one Side of a Chip

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am new to Comsol and I am trying to model a silicon chip (12cm length) and heating up 1cm on the top of one end. My approach was to build 2 Blocks, which are attached to each other to create one single chip (Bock 1 is 1cm long, Block 2 is 11 cm long). I used "Heat Transfer in Solids" and insert a "Temperature 1" at room temperature and a "Temperature 2" at 500 degC.

WHat I get is the small bit of the chip being really hot and the rest evenly cool. I assume, I missed a boundry condition that creates a smooth heat transfer. Is anyone able to help me with that, please?

Thank you very much in advance, Senta

0 Replies Last Post 2018年4月24日 GMT-4 04:06
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Senta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.