Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Periodic structure with oblique incidenting circular polarized light

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All, I am writing to you all for help. These days i have been simulating a 3-D model of a periodic structure with oblique incidenting circular polarized light. But I have encountered some problems that have been solved for a long time. I want to define a circular polarized light with an angle of theta between the k and z axes, and k is on the z-x plane, that is the polar angle theta is not equal to 0°,the azimuthal angle phi is equal to 0°. My settings are as follows:I chose "periodic" in type of port and I defined the polarization of circular polarized light at both input and output port : cos (theta) in x direction, a* i in y direction, and -sin(theta) in z direction. Then, i chose "floquent periodicity" in x and y direction in periodic condition. And I chose "from periodic port" in k-vector for floquent periodicity. However, the charge map derived from the calculation results is not continuous on the right and left side of the structure in x direction. I don't know if my periodic conditions are wrong. If wrong, how should I revise. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely yours, Zhimin Jing

0 Replies Last Post 2018年7月15日 GMT-4 23:13
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhimin Jing

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.