Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Global Definitions > Parameters vs numerical values.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello dear users,

My following problem is the following one:

In Global Definitions > Parameters, I put the following values:
Name Expression Value
Rp 8[m] 8m
r1t Rp 8m
z1t 5*Rp 40m
r2t z1t*cos(pi/3) 20m
z2t z1t*sin(pi/3) 34.64m

In Model1 > Geometry > Circle 4, I put:
In Position:
Base: Center
r: r2t+Rp
z: z2t

The problem is that the value I give to the variable "z" doesn't take it correctly, it is taken as zero, neither the value of "r=r2t+Rp" and finally, the circle isn't lay in the correct position.

However, if I put the values of "r" and "z" with its number value (28 and 34.64, respectively), the circle is located correctly.
I mean, in Model1 > Geometry > Circle 4, I put:
In Position:
Base: Center
r: 28
z: 34.64

where the mistake can be ? What am I doing in the bad way?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,

Isa

1 Reply Last Post 2011年5月17日 GMT-4 04:54

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年5月17日 GMT-4 04:54
Dear COMSOL' users,

COMSOL support has told me that my problem happens due to a bug in version 4.1 that will be solved in version 4.2.

Best regards,
Isabel
Dear COMSOL' users, COMSOL support has told me that my problem happens due to a bug in version 4.1 that will be solved in version 4.2. Best regards, Isabel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.