Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to make conputation converged

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am now making a certain modelling using Chemical Engineering module. The aim of my modelling is to know time dependency of distribution of chemical spices pertaining to the reaction and current density. My problem is that calculation is NOT converged.

When I calculate 0 to 0.5 second (interval of 0.1sec), calculation is converged. I attached the present status file. But, when I set more than 1 second as stop time, it would not be converged. If I use 'user controlled mesh' to make maximum and minimum element sizes finer and 'Refine', calculation will be converged until 30 seconds.

I finally want to calculate the time dependency in longer time (e.g. a few hours). Is it only way to make mesh finer for convergence of calculation ? It should take so long time if I use further finer mesh in order to get the result in a few hours.
I would appreciate if somebody tell me some idea to converge the computation appropriately and how to determine mesh size.

Thank you,

0 Replies Last Post 2011年5月17日 GMT-4 10:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dicke

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.