Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to simulate electrostatics in AC/DC module ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

fundamental equation of electrostatics is Coulomb's law, which describes the force between two point charges.

The magnitude of the electrostatic force between two point electric charges Q1 and Q2 is directly proportional to the product of the magnitudes of each charge and inversely proportional to the surface area of a sphere whose radius is equal to the distance between the charges:

F= Q1 Q 2 / (4*pi*r^2) ?0

where ?0 is a constant called the permittivity of free space, a defined value:

? in A2s4 kg-1m?3 or C2N?1m?2 or F m?1.

i have created two points charges and specified the magnitudes of Q 1 & Q 2.
and ?0

any help/suggestion would be highly appeciated.

thanks in advance,
Ricky

2 Replies Last Post 2013年4月23日 GMT-4 18:27

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年5月26日 GMT-4 14:00
What exactly are you trying to do? I believe there are examples on the Model Exchange page that deal with things like this: www.comsol.com/community/exchange/74/
What exactly are you trying to do? I believe there are examples on the Model Exchange page that deal with things like this: http://www.comsol.com/community/exchange/74/

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月23日 GMT-4 18:27
The url is broken, do you know where I can get the example?
The url is broken, do you know where I can get the example?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.