Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Illegal Vertex Selection Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working to couple a PDE model to a Heat Transfer model for a biomedical application. I have coupled the two shapes through linear extrusions using vertices. When I attempt to solve the model, the error comes up saying "Illegal vertex selection. Error in multiphysics compilation." Any suggestions? I made sure to select the corresponding vertices in the same order on both shapes, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 2011年8月1日 GMT-4 04:20

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月1日 GMT-4 03:51
I have a similar problem, however with the standard heat transfer (ht) module.

"Illegal vertex selection.
Error in multiphysics compilation."

I have tried all that I can think of! Any suggestions?

Thank you, Michael
I have a similar problem, however with the standard heat transfer (ht) module. "Illegal vertex selection. Error in multiphysics compilation." I have tried all that I can think of! Any suggestions? Thank you, Michael

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月1日 GMT-4 04:20
I found a workaround for my problem:

I had a Linear Extrusion over 3 connected boundary elements. I selected the respective source vertices in the order the boundary elements appear in the selection (ordered by numbers), but it still did not work.

Once I split the Linear Extrusion into 2 Linear Extrusions, one over 2 boundary elements the other over only one, it worked!

Don't ask me why!

Regards, Michael
I found a workaround for my problem: I had a Linear Extrusion over 3 connected boundary elements. I selected the respective source vertices in the order the boundary elements appear in the selection (ordered by numbers), but it still did not work. Once I split the Linear Extrusion into 2 Linear Extrusions, one over 2 boundary elements the other over only one, it worked! Don't ask me why! Regards, Michael

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.