Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MMI waveguide design...using PML

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm new to COMSOL, attended one of the workshops and have been going thru the tutorials.
I'm trying to design a slab waveguide...with a core refractive index of 3.48...cladding of 1.54....about 10um wide...and about 0.5mm long...input port (1um wide) at z=0...output port (1um wide) at end z=0.5mm...and using PML to enclose d waveguide
I want to find the ratio of output to input power (S21) for a particular freq/wavelength. Also, to be able to view the power distribution inside the waveguide...via some colour code, like in photon design ....
PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks,
Chuks.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年8月13日 GMT-4 05:57
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chukwugekwu Umezinne

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月13日 GMT-4 05:57
Dear Mezinne

i hope that you are well, you subject is very interesting and i am also working on it, please if you solved your problem just tell me, may be we will work together on it.

Best regards

Hassanain

Dear Mezinne i hope that you are well, you subject is very interesting and i am also working on it, please if you solved your problem just tell me, may be we will work together on it. Best regards Hassanain

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.