Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating of inductance of coil in Time dependent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I have a 2D coil with AC current excitation in Time dependent.But i can't calculate 'mf.Lcoil' in Global Evaluation.

Thank for your reading

3 Replies Last Post 2018年12月21日 GMT-5 13:16
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年12月20日 GMT-5 10:49

The mf.Lcoil and related values are available in sinusoidal steady state (frequency domain) analysis.

Do you have a reason for NOT using frequency domain analysis??

D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

The mf.Lcoil and related values are available in sinusoidal steady state (frequency domain) analysis. Do you have a reason for NOT using frequency domain analysis?? D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年12月21日 GMT-5 02:17
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年12月21日 GMT-5 02:21

The mf.Lcoil and related values are available in sinusoidal steady state (frequency domain) analysis.

Do you have a reason for NOT using frequency domain analysis??

D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Thanks for your comment Mr D.W.Greve

I have simulated the coil moving uniformly along a defective magnetic conductor ( by using Moving Mesh (ale) ),try to find the connection between speed and inductance of coil.

I want to know if i can calculate the inductance of coil by 'mf.Vcoil'(Voltage of coil).

Thank you.

>The mf.Lcoil and related values are available in sinusoidal steady state (frequency domain) analysis. > >Do you have a reason for NOT using frequency domain analysis?? > >D.W. Greve >DWGreve Consulting Thanks for your comment Mr D.W.Greve I have simulated the coil moving uniformly along a defective magnetic conductor ( by using Moving Mesh (ale) ),try to find the connection between speed and inductance of coil. I want to know if i can calculate the inductance of coil by 'mf.Vcoil'(Voltage of coil). Thank you.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年12月21日 GMT-5 13:16

I want to know if i can calculate the inductance of coil by 'mf.Vcoil'(Voltage of coil).

No, you can't.

You need to think about how the inductance is calculated in sinusoidal steady state (frequency domain).

A phasor current I is forced and the phasor voltage V is calculated. The impedance is modeled by a resistance in series with an inductance. So Y = I/V = jwL + R. The inductance is calculated from the imaginary part of I/V, resistance from the real part.

NONE of the quantities mf.Vcoil, mf.Lcoil, mf.Rcoil are defined in time dependent analysis. You DO have V(t) and I(t), neither of which is exactly a sinusoid.

> I want to know if i can calculate the inductance of coil by 'mf.Vcoil'(Voltage of coil). No, you can't. You need to think about how the inductance is calculated in sinusoidal steady state (frequency domain). A phasor current I is forced and the phasor voltage V is calculated. The impedance is modeled by a resistance in series with an inductance. So Y = I/V = jwL + R. The inductance is calculated from the imaginary part of I/V, resistance from the real part. NONE of the quantities mf.Vcoil, mf.Lcoil, mf.Rcoil are defined in time dependent analysis. You DO have V(t) and I(t), neither of which is exactly a sinusoid.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.