Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Module for calculating the fault current in grid dc

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, Hoping all is doing well with you. I'm asking for a module for calculationg the earth curent in a grid high voltage DC. Also the name of Multiphysics. Kindest Regards Samar

-------------------
Samar Akef
RA&TA at AUC in Cairo

1 Reply Last Post 2018年12月31日 GMT-5 13:06

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年12月31日 GMT-5 13:06
Updated: 6 years ago 2019年1月11日 GMT-5 16:39

It would be the short circuit current of the battery bank. I'm not sure if manufacturers test for this and publish the results, but if they don't, the calculation I'd recommend for estimating it, would be open circuit voltage / internal resistance at maximum operating load. I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't common to test for this, as it certainly would ruin the battery and likely be dangerous to do a direct test.

percentage calculator

It would be the short circuit current of the battery bank. I'm not sure if manufacturers test for this and publish the results, but if they don't, the calculation I'd recommend for estimating it, would be open circuit voltage / internal resistance at maximum operating load. I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't common to test for this, as it certainly would ruin the battery and likely be dangerous to do a direct test. [percentage calculator](https://percentagescalculator.com/)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.