Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to suppress a subdomain in V 4.x?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

in V3.5a it was possible to suppress a subdomain - how can I do that in V4.2?
I need this to have a closer look at results, especially when they differ a lot between subdomains (f.e. high and low stresses in different materials).

Thanks for your help,
Birgit Palm

3 Replies Last Post 2011年9月28日 GMT-4 02:41

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月21日 GMT-4 07:03
Hi!

In "Results" the button for hiding disappears (why?). But you can go to "Model 1" for example, select your domains and hide them. Then go back to "Results"...

Ralf
Hi! In "Results" the button for hiding disappears (why?). But you can go to "Model 1" for example, select your domains and hide them. Then go back to "Results"... Ralf

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月21日 GMT-4 12:23
Hi

it's in the additional sub-nodes of the Definition and View, but then you need to be sure your results plot is pointing to hte view with the hiding (by default it's automatic = the current active "view" = the one with the green frame around the icon

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's in the additional sub-nodes of the Definition and View, but then you need to be sure your results plot is pointing to hte view with the hiding (by default it's automatic = the current active "view" = the one with the green frame around the icon -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月28日 GMT-4 02:41
Hi,

thanks to you two - I found it (and I think I have seen it before, but forgot about it).

Greetings,
Birgit

Hi, thanks to you two - I found it (and I think I have seen it before, but forgot about it). Greetings, Birgit

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.