Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling a beam incident on an absorbing-scattering media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, As the title suggests I am trying to model a beam incident on (a small portion of) an absorbing-scattering media. The problem is I can see 2 possible routes to achieve this but neither really works: 1- Beam in absorbing media: easier solution and the results look credible but I don't think its possible to add the scattering effects, which are pretty significant in my problem and therefore can not be neglected. 2- Use radiation in absorbing-scattering media: Unfortunately something is wrong here I don't completely get it. I can't find any transparent boundaries here and thats probably why the incident intensity values I set in the boundary conditions are not the same as the ones I get in the results. Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2019年1月28日 GMT-5 04:09

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年1月28日 GMT-5 04:09

I just noticed that the same thing is happening in the Light Diffusion in a Slab of Particles sample problem. the incident radiation intensity boundary condition is set as 557.98 W/m² W/m^2 but the results show a maximum incident intensity of 6000. I would appreciate if someone explains why this happens.

I just noticed that the same thing is happening in the [Light Diffusion in a Slab of Particles](https://www.comsol.com/model/light-diffusion-in-a-slab-of-particles-69381) sample problem. the incident radiation intensity boundary condition is set as 557.98 W/m² W/m^2 but the results show a maximum incident intensity of 6000. I would appreciate if someone explains why this happens.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.