Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of the Curvature (Did the help file go wrong?)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I studied the calculation of curvature in the Microfluidics Module User' Guide, I found that the software used different methods when using level-set model and moving-mesh model. The former uses the divergence of interfacial normal vector (i.e., ), while the latter uses the tangential divergence (i.e., , and ). Why is that? Is it wrong?

2 Replies Last Post 2019年4月28日 GMT-4 20:49

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年4月28日 GMT-4 07:43

Another question also puzzled me is whether the , where in a cylindrical coordinate system (r,z)?

Another question also puzzled me is whether the \nabla_s\cdot\textbf{u}=uTr+wTz, where \textbf{u}=(u, w)in a cylindrical coordinate system (*r*,*z*)?

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年4月28日 GMT-4 20:49
Updated: 5 years ago 2019年4月28日 GMT-4 20:53

Maybe, in the COMSOL, the curvature is replaced by the Laplace- Beltrami operator and use a variational form of the curvature by applying integration by parts to the Laplace-Beltrami operator over the interface.

Maybe, in the COMSOL, the curvature is replaced by the Laplace- Beltrami operator and use a variational form of the curvature by applying integration by parts to the Laplace-Beltrami operator over the interface.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.