Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC field Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have to do a simple Simulation in comsol multiphysics 4.1 and i am just a beginner in this work,i have to build an electrode geometry and apply various frequency and voltage ac signals and see the resulting electric field profile
which ac model shalll i add (electric currents(ec)?) and to apply potential i shall assign ground and potential values?
While frequency domain is selected from study1? if yes then what is the purpose of global definition and various functions placed there?

8 Replies Last Post 2013年5月4日 GMT-4 13:01
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Faiza Javed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月6日 GMT-5 13:59
I am using 3.5a. I don't know how to apply AC voltage and set frequency either. Anyone here provide some help?

I use conductive medium DC in AC/DC. I think I need to change the module or some solvers? I tried but cannot figure it out...
I am using 3.5a. I don't know how to apply AC voltage and set frequency either. Anyone here provide some help? I use conductive medium DC in AC/DC. I think I need to change the module or some solvers? I tried but cannot figure it out...

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月6日 GMT-5 14:59
Attached are a couple simple 3D examples (which I just threw together) of a tilted probe in a cylindrical container of a liquid, for two different versions of Comsol (as noted in the file names). The probe is sinusoidally driven between +/- 1V, at 50, 55, and 60 Hz but you can set your own frequencies as you wish. The container is grounded, except for the top surface which has a no-current (insulating) condition. You can plot potentials, currents, etc. Hope this example helps. Good luck.
Attached are a couple simple 3D examples (which I just threw together) of a tilted probe in a cylindrical container of a liquid, for two different versions of Comsol (as noted in the file names). The probe is sinusoidally driven between +/- 1V, at 50, 55, and 60 Hz but you can set your own frequencies as you wish. The container is grounded, except for the top surface which has a no-current (insulating) condition. You can plot potentials, currents, etc. Hope this example helps. Good luck.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月6日 GMT-5 16:23
Thankyou Soo much Mr. Robert..it would really be very helpful regarding my work..

Kind Regards,
Faiza
Thankyou Soo much Mr. Robert..it would really be very helpful regarding my work.. Kind Regards, Faiza

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月9日 GMT-5 02:40

Thanks very much for your help, Mr. Robert Koslover

I tried your method in my example. Your are sweeping a parameter but If I only want to apply a sinusoidal signal with a certain frequency. How should I do that ? Use a time-depend solver ?

Thanks in advance.
[QUOTE] Attached are a couple simple 3D examples (which I just threw together) of a tilted probe in a cylindrical container of a liquid, for two different versions of Comsol (as noted in the file names). The probe is sinusoidally driven between +/- 1V, at 50, 55, and 60 Hz but you can set your own frequencies as you wish. The container is grounded, except for the top surface which has a no-current (insulating) condition. You can plot potentials, currents, etc. Hope this example helps. Good luck. [/QUOTE] Thanks very much for your help, Mr. Robert Koslover I tried your method in my example. Your are sweeping a parameter but If I only want to apply a sinusoidal signal with a certain frequency. How should I do that ? Use a time-depend solver ? Thanks in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月9日 GMT-5 02:40

Thanks very much for your help, Mr. Robert Koslover

I tried your method in my example. Your are sweeping a parameter but If I only want to apply a sinusoidal signal with a certain frequency. How should I do that ? Use a time-depend solver ?

Thanks in advance.
[QUOTE] Attached are a couple simple 3D examples (which I just threw together) of a tilted probe in a cylindrical container of a liquid, for two different versions of Comsol (as noted in the file names). The probe is sinusoidally driven between +/- 1V, at 50, 55, and 60 Hz but you can set your own frequencies as you wish. The container is grounded, except for the top surface which has a no-current (insulating) condition. You can plot potentials, currents, etc. Hope this example helps. Good luck. [/QUOTE] Thanks very much for your help, Mr. Robert Koslover I tried your method in my example. Your are sweeping a parameter but If I only want to apply a sinusoidal signal with a certain frequency. How should I do that ? Use a time-depend solver ? Thanks in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年4月25日 GMT-4 01:43
Dear Robert!
Can you please send me some examples of A.C. field modulation moder for comsol multiphysics version 4.1??
i would be really pleased to have it!!

Dear Robert! Can you please send me some examples of A.C. field modulation moder for comsol multiphysics version 4.1?? i would be really pleased to have it!!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月26日 GMT-5 04:03
I have applied the AC voltage by using wave function. I set wave function, its frequency and then applied it in voltage. It is working fine. Now i want to find electric field gradient on the sphere, Can anyone help me in this regards?
I have applied the AC voltage by using wave function. I set wave function, its frequency and then applied it in voltage. It is working fine. Now i want to find electric field gradient on the sphere, Can anyone help me in this regards?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月4日 GMT-4 13:01
Hi Abid,

Would you please tell me how to define the AC voltage by using wave function? How to define its frequency? And how to actually apply it to voltage?

Thank you in advance!
Jinghui
Hi Abid, Would you please tell me how to define the AC voltage by using wave function? How to define its frequency? And how to actually apply it to voltage? Thank you in advance! Jinghui

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.