Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Materials Overlapping

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi evryone. I'm new in comsol. I'm a student of master degree .. option Physics and radiation technologies. I want to simulate the thermal stress of fuel rod in triga nuclear reactor. I have a little problem with materials overlapping in the red cercles (image attached). its dosen't make sense becauce those solid materials are tough .. I want to simulate the thermal stress in those materials and I have a helium gas between them. so I need your help. if something I should know please tell me. https://imgur.com/a/5kAlSNr

3 Replies Last Post 2019年5月29日 GMT-4 08:23
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年5月27日 GMT-4 19:06

Are you sure you have set the scaling factor in the deformation plot correctly? By default it may be set to automatic scaling which may result in a high value just to make small deformations visible. Set it to 1 for real deformation.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Are you sure you have set the scaling factor in the deformation plot correctly? By default it may be set to automatic scaling which may result in a high value just to make small deformations visible. Set it to 1 for real deformation. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年5月28日 GMT-4 06:41

Thanks sir Edgar , I already had the same problem but after I set the scaling factor to 1 it's work for me .

Thanks sir Edgar , I already had the same problem but after I set the scaling factor to 1 it's work for me .

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年5月29日 GMT-4 08:23

Thank you Edgar J. Kaiser. It's work

Thank you Edgar J. Kaiser. It's work

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.