Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dimensions help

Carlos Perez de la Blanca Castellano

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to simulate a 50cmX1m cylinder storage filled with solar salt,and with a pipe(with oil) inside of it.I have done the design in Inventor,but when i want to import it into Comsol,it doesnt allow me.The design in Inventor is done in mm and i have put also the geometry in Comsol in mm.

Is there any way to simulate these dimensions???????

Please,help!!

Thanks,

Regards,

Carlos

1 Reply Last Post 2011年11月24日 GMT-5 10:42
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月24日 GMT-5 10:42
Hi

importing data should work, but you must ensure that the file format used either transfer dimensional information (which is not always the case, I'm not sure how it's done in Inventor), or that you select the dimensions manually, AND that you know the file format dimensions (not always SI ;).

I always recheck the data by measuring a known edge, as too many times I believe I got the data in correct dimensions, just to notice some time later, that it's not the case, and then often I have to restart your model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi importing data should work, but you must ensure that the file format used either transfer dimensional information (which is not always the case, I'm not sure how it's done in Inventor), or that you select the dimensions manually, AND that you know the file format dimensions (not always SI ;). I always recheck the data by measuring a known edge, as too many times I believe I got the data in correct dimensions, just to notice some time later, that it's not the case, and then often I have to restart your model -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.