Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with a post processing. In especial I have problema with the cut plane.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am studying the effect of electric fields on cells, so I made ​​a simple model of this. The cell was modeled with a sphere with certain thickness, which represents the cell membrane and two electrodes where the electric field is applied. All this is covered by another spheroid that emulates the blood or extracellular fluid.

However, I have a problem when trying to make a cut plane (right click on data set->cut plane). I was able to plot the cell and the electrodes but not the extracellular fluid. Has anyone had a similar problem? Anybody know how can I solve this problem? Thank you in advance for any help,

Regards,

Michael.

PD: I attach three picture. One with all domain, other with only he the cut plane and the last one with the solution on the cut plane.

3 Replies Last Post 2016年9月28日 GMT-4 10:37

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年12月8日 GMT-5 11:02
I've had similar problems. Not with cut planes though, but with slice plots, which aren't all that different.

In my case, the problem seemed to be related to the Views I had defined in the Model/Definitions section (not under Results). If one of those Views would hide some geometric objects (such as the outer sphere in your case), that part wouldn't show up in the slice plots even though I had specifically selected some other View which included all domains.

It would then help to switch back and forth between Views. It was often a little erratic like that, but eventually Comsol would plot the graph in all domains.
I've had similar problems. Not with cut planes though, but with slice plots, which aren't all that different. In my case, the problem seemed to be related to the Views I had defined in the Model/Definitions section (not under Results). If one of those Views would hide some geometric objects (such as the outer sphere in your case), that part wouldn't show up in the slice plots even though I had specifically selected some other View which included all domains. It would then help to switch back and forth between Views. It was often a little erratic like that, but eventually Comsol would plot the graph in all domains.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年12月8日 GMT-5 13:22
Hi John,

Thanks for your quick response; your comment has helped me to represent the part I needed.
However, the result is not that I expected, the electric field asymmetrical (attached figure) , when it should be symmetrical about the center. In addition, the electric current arrows are out of the slice, have you had the same problem?. There is someone who has previously resolved?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Michael.

PD: I attached two images, one with the slice and other with the expected slice.
Hi John, Thanks for your quick response; your comment has helped me to represent the part I needed. However, the result is not that I expected, the electric field asymmetrical (attached figure) , when it should be symmetrical about the center. In addition, the electric current arrows are out of the slice, have you had the same problem?. There is someone who has previously resolved? Thanks in advance, Best regards, Michael. PD: I attached two images, one with the slice and other with the expected slice.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月28日 GMT-4 10:37
Yes, this had me going insane already a few times..

Now in Comsol 5.2a, go in "2D plot group" and check the "show hidden entities" box under the Plot Settings menu,
Yes, this had me going insane already a few times.. Now in Comsol 5.2a, go in "2D plot group" and check the "show hidden entities" box under the Plot Settings menu,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.