Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting a specific vertex, line, area... etc

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use ANSYS all the time and now making the transition to COMSOL. One of the features I use extensively in ANSYS is selection for ( nodes, elements, areas,lines key points) by (attributes , location, attachments ... etc). Is there anything command in COMSOL that resembles this function in ANSYS. For instant I want to pick a vertex at location (x,y,z) or a node at (x,y,z). And by the way I am looking for a command I can use in a script, not big fan of using GUI.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2011年12月9日 GMT-5 01:00
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年12月9日 GMT-5 01:00
Hi

you have the icon on the top of the graphics view to select active items objects, domains boundaries edges, points

and you have the Definition Selection to choose with including box selecting (also as icon) (that was for v4, they are also all there (except for the selection box with numbers) in 3.5, but I have forgotten where ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the icon on the top of the graphics view to select active items objects, domains boundaries edges, points and you have the Definition Selection to choose with including box selecting (also as icon) (that was for v4, they are also all there (except for the selection box with numbers) in 3.5, but I have forgotten where ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.