Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to describe a function for current circulating in a coil?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my model (Induction Heating) I want to represent the current that circulates in a coil through a time dependent function. I chose a function generated through value interpolation (figure). However, it is giving the following error:

- Feature: Stationary Solver 2 (sol1 / s2) Undefined variable.   - Variable: t   - Global scope Failed to evaluate variable.   - Variable: comp1.Currentfunction   - Defined as: comp1.Currentfunction (t / unit_s_cf) Failed to evaluate variable.   - Variable: comp1.mf.coil1.ICoil   - Defined as: (comp1.Currentfunction * unit_A_cf) * exp (i * phase) Failed to evaluate variable.   - Variable: comp1.mf.ICoil_1   - Defined as: comp1.mf.coil1.ICoil Failed to evaluate expression.   - Expression: d ((comp1.mf.ICoil_1-comp1.mf.coil1.Iint) * test (comp1.mf.coil1.VCoil_ode), {test @ 1}) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.   - Expression: (comp1.mf.ICoil_1-comp1.mf.coil1.Iint) * test (comp1.mf.coil1.VCoil_ode)

Could someone help me solve this?

1 Reply Last Post 2020年1月5日 GMT-5 20:00

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2020年1月5日 GMT-5 20:00

If you are runing a stationary solve please change it to a time dependent. Because in a stationary solve, "t" is not defined. So try time dependent.

-------------------
Song Liu
Engineer Simulation, Cooling & Innovation
Ext.: 343
If you are runing a stationary solve please change it to a time dependent. Because in a stationary solve, "t" is not defined. So try time dependent.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.