Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help regarding boundary settings

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am totally new to comsol.Currently,I've designed a parallel plate capacitor with two plates(top n bottom)with a dielectric in between them.I'm able to give the subdomain settings for them but for the dielectric I'm not able to understand what boundary setting i must give.there are options like "surface charge" and "distributed capacitance".can anyone pls help me as to what these boundary conditions mean and which is more appropriate for a capacitor design??

Thank you,
Suja Menon

1 Reply Last Post 2012年1月11日 GMT-5 12:47
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月11日 GMT-5 12:47
Hi

update your model library and do some of the examples therein, hat will give you the required instructions and skills, there are also several nice videos demos on the main COMSOL site, take a look

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi update your model library and do some of the examples therein, hat will give you the required instructions and skills, there are also several nice videos demos on the main COMSOL site, take a look -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.