Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating a toroidal B-field inside a magnetic focusing horn

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOLers,

I am trying to study the magnetic field map produced inside a magentic horn (geometry photos and simplefied model attached). The current is flowing in the r-z-plane rather than azimutally (i.e. in phi), hence the field inside is a toroidal field along the phi-plane. I am defining the physics conditions through "Magnetic Field" module. Under "coil -> Geometry Analysis" I define the current input port. However, I am facing the follwoing problems: 1- When I add the surrounding Air domain, I am not able to define the current output port anymore, why? 2- I am getting the follwoing error message when try to solve my model "Numeric coil Coil 1 (coil1) not solved for. Solve it in a Coil Geometry Analysis step.", what dose it mean? 3- What I am missing in the model to make it running?

Regards, Tamer

2 Replies Last Post 2020年4月26日 GMT-4 09:05

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年4月23日 GMT-4 08:04

Your "coil" does not seem to be defined as a closed circuit, see blog post linked to below.

https://uk.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-coils-in-the-acdc-module/

Once you have defined your coil appropriately, you can add a coil geometry analysis step to your solution, (right click your study, choose Study Step - Other - Coil Geometry Analysis. Then drag this study step above your stationary step.

Your "coil" does not seem to be defined as a closed circuit, see blog post linked to below. https://uk.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-coils-in-the-acdc-module/ Once you have defined your coil appropriately, you can add a coil geometry analysis step to your solution, (right click your study, choose Study Step - Other - Coil Geometry Analysis. Then drag this study step above your stationary step.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年4月26日 GMT-4 09:05
Updated: 4 years ago 2020年4月26日 GMT-4 09:06

Thanks a lot MortalWombat. It works now perfect.

Just to conclude this case efficientley for the others/for future, I am attaching the working model.

Thanks a lot MortalWombat. It works now perfect. Just to conclude this case efficientley for the others/for future, I am attaching the working model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.