Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Scroll wheel and behaviour of drop-down menus

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'd like to raise a complaint over the behaviour of Comsol when using the scroll wheel to navigate the interface. The scroll wheel can be used to scroll up and down various panels in the interface, and I use this extensively to streamline my workflow. However, at any point when the mouse cursor happens to land over a drop-down menu, using the scroll wheel will instead cycle through the options contained in that menu. I find this behaviour to be extremely counterproductive as it results in changes being made to the options and parameters used in my simulations without my awareness, and has resulted in almost a month's work wasted before this error was noticed and corrected. Is there any way to disable this behaviour so that just navigating about your software doesn't result in this kind of irrecoverable error without any conscious input on the user's behalf?

1 Reply Last Post 2020年6月3日 GMT-4 08:16
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月3日 GMT-4 08:16

Hello Johnathan,

In my experience, the scrollwheel will only cycle through the options contained in a drop-down menu if the end user has selected (left clicked) that drop-down menu. If you experience otherwise, pleae contact COMSOL's support team with the exact particulars (i.e. please provide reproduce steps) at www.comsol.com/support/ .

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Johnathan, In my experience, the scrollwheel will only cycle through the options contained in a drop-down menu if the end user has selected (left clicked) that drop-down menu. If you experience otherwise, pleae contact COMSOL's support team with the exact particulars (i.e. please provide reproduce steps) at www.comsol.com/support/ . Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.