Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Make material parameter change based on Frequency of solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I make a material, such as permittivity, pull from a function or list based on the freqency the solver is using?

For example, if a material as a permittivity at 100MHz and another at 10GHz, how can I have that handled without manually editing the material, then recalulating the mesh, then recomputing? I'd much rather just run a compute once with both parameters.

(Note I am using Comsol 5.5, and cannot upgrade to 5.6 at this time)

3 Replies Last Post 2020年12月19日 GMT-5 12:39
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年12月18日 GMT-5 11:31

Permittivity (and a lot of other things) can be an explicit function of frequency.

Permittivity (and a lot of other things) can be an explicit function of frequency.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年12月18日 GMT-5 14:30

Is there a tutorial on explicit function linking like this that you could please point to?

>Permittivity (and a lot of other things) can be an explicit function of frequency. Is there a tutorial on explicit function linking like this that you could please point to?

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年12月19日 GMT-5 12:39

You don't need a tutorial. An example

replace 4 for permittivity by 4 -2*(freq>1[GHz])

You don't need a tutorial. An example replace 4 for permittivity by 4 -2*(freq>1[GHz])

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.