Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Switched reluctance generator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi..

I am new in COMSOL. I am trying to model a switched reluctance generator. I need advice on how do I go about creating a magnetic field by applying current in winding. THe 2D generator example uses PM to create magentic field, but SRG does not have any PM. PLease advice.
Your kind help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies Last Post 2010年2月12日 GMT-5 04:35

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月4日 GMT-5 19:29
SRG uses concentrated windings placed around each salient pole on the stator right?. The coils around the individual poles are connected to form the phase windings. Therefore the windings on the stator have to be excited by the outer circuit (an input current), and the electrical energy and mechanical energy are converted into magnetic field energy.

Hope it helps
SRG uses concentrated windings placed around each salient pole on the stator right?. The coils around the individual poles are connected to form the phase windings. Therefore the windings on the stator have to be excited by the outer circuit (an input current), and the electrical energy and mechanical energy are converted into magnetic field energy. Hope it helps

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月7日 GMT-5 17:15
Thank you very much Joao,

You mean i have to have an outer circuit to provide excitation to the windings? If I put a value for 'external current density' under the Subdomain Setting, would it be the same as providing input current without the external circuit.
Currently I am trying to put a value of current under the subdomain setting, but I do not get a good magnetic field distribution. If I still can't do it this way, I might try using an external circuit. Any idea on how to model the external circuit? Any notes that I can refer to?

Thank you in advance.
Thank you very much Joao, You mean i have to have an outer circuit to provide excitation to the windings? If I put a value for 'external current density' under the Subdomain Setting, would it be the same as providing input current without the external circuit. Currently I am trying to put a value of current under the subdomain setting, but I do not get a good magnetic field distribution. If I still can't do it this way, I might try using an external circuit. Any idea on how to model the external circuit? Any notes that I can refer to? Thank you in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月10日 GMT-5 14:27
Supposably the input current value should act as an external circuit! that how COMSOl works!
But tell me what is exactly not going right in your simulation?
If you want attach the file so I can try to take a look at it.

Best regards
Supposably the input current value should act as an external circuit! that how COMSOl works! But tell me what is exactly not going right in your simulation? If you want attach the file so I can try to take a look at it. Best regards

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月12日 GMT-5 04:35
HI again Joao..

I have been trying to get the magnetic flux density of my switched reluctance generator under static condition. The result is not as I expected, since when I just define the current density for 1 phase only the flux distribution is scattered. Hence i guess i entered the current wrongly or i define the parameters wrongly. I attach to you my file.

I really do appreciate your time and help.

Thank you very much.
HI again Joao.. I have been trying to get the magnetic flux density of my switched reluctance generator under static condition. The result is not as I expected, since when I just define the current density for 1 phase only the flux distribution is scattered. Hence i guess i entered the current wrongly or i define the parameters wrongly. I attach to you my file. I really do appreciate your time and help. Thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.