Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hello, I want to build Photoconductive Antenna using COMSOL and I faced several problems. Could you help please?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Brothers,

I want to build a Photoconductive Antenna using Comsol (I use 5.5 version). However, I need to apply a voltage difference between electrodes as well as I need to apply a femtoseconds laser pump. So, I used AC/DC physics (Electric Currents physics) for applying voltage difference and RF physics (Electromagnetics Waves, Frequency Domain physics) for applying the laser pump.

I faced the following issues:

1) Should I run my study in Time or Frequency domain? 2) How can I do a manual coupling between AC/DC and RF Physics (because Comsol doesn't provide auto coupling between those Physics)? >> I tried to do that, I worked in Time Domain and I added the electric field of AC/DC module to RF module as it is shown in Figure-1 that I attached. I don't know whether if what I did was correct or not because I got values of AC/DC electric field in RF. 3) How can I set that laser pump in the right way. I built laser pump in terms of Average power of laser using Gaussian Pulse and Function (Analytic). Figure-2 shows the plot that I got from those functions. So, if what I built is correct, how can I use it in RF module to get laser pump? 4) What is the rightest way to get values of Photocurrent in those physics?

Thank you Sincerely Aiman

0 Replies Last Post 2021年4月5日 GMT-4 08:02
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aiman Fakieh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.