Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Switching between two boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I've got a transport of diluted species model in which a transient flux condition is set before being set to 0.

I wish to make it so that at the time the influx stops, the flux condition get's overridden by an open boundary condition.

Is there any way to change what boundary conditions override eachother with time? Or alrernatively, to model a flux boundary condition to behave similarly to an open boundary condition?

2 Replies Last Post 2021年11月2日 GMT-4 12:59
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月2日 GMT-4 07:00

Maybe you can find some inspiration here:

https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-make-boundary-conditions-conditional-in-your-simulation

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月2日 GMT-4 12:59
Updated: 3 years ago 2021年11月2日 GMT-4 13:00

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately I have already taken a look at it multiple times before asking for help and my head is spinning.

I've spent an hour longer looking over it trying to gain the best understanding of the principles that I can. This will likely go down to more general knowledge of COMSOL as I am largely a beginner but I don't see how this can change what boundary conditions are overridden.

Could you elaborate on the key paragraphs/points in the article I should pay attention to?

I can see that one can disable and enable a boundary condition at certain points. I can also see that one can dynamically change how the boundary condition can change with respect to position along the selection. Are you suggesting that there is a way I can replicate an open boundary condition with a flux boundary condition?

>Maybe you can find some inspiration here: Hi, Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately I have already taken a look at it multiple times before asking for help and my head is spinning. I've spent an hour longer looking over it trying to gain the best understanding of the principles that I can. This will likely go down to more general knowledge of COMSOL as I am largely a beginner but I don't see how this can change what boundary conditions are overridden. Could you elaborate on the key paragraphs/points in the article I should pay attention to? I can see that one can disable and enable a boundary condition at certain points. I can also see that one can dynamically change how the boundary condition can change with respect to position along the selection. Are you suggesting that there is a way I can replicate an open boundary condition with a flux boundary condition?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.