Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

You need to provide input entities. - Property: input

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there I was creating my module and try to set up my geometry and I got this error, "You need to provide input entities. Property: input comsol". Would you please tell me what that means and what to do about it? All the best

2 Replies Last Post 2021年11月17日 GMT-5 07:36
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月13日 GMT-5 18:46

Look in the Model Builder, and then under Geometry. You have almost certainly failed to select an object, domain, edge, etc., or other "input entity" to go along with a command that you created but which only has any meaning if/when it is applied to some "input entity" -- and you failed to enter one. There are many such commands. Anyway, there is very likely a red x listed right next to the problematic command. That's to tell you where the problem is. So go there, and either specify an "input entity" for that command to act upon, or delete the command. The error message will then go away.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Look in the Model Builder, and then under Geometry. You have almost certainly failed to select an object, domain, edge, etc., or other "input entity" to go along with a command that you created but which only has any meaning if/when it is applied to some "input entity" -- and you failed to enter one. There are many such commands. Anyway, there is very likely a red x listed right next to the problematic command. That's to tell you where the problem is. So go there, and either specify an "input entity" for that command to act upon, or delete the command. The error message will then go away.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月17日 GMT-5 07:36

Hi Robert Many thanks for yor reply, your answer is very useful and your help is really appreciated. All the best

Hi Robert Many thanks for yor reply, your answer is very useful and your help is really appreciated. All the best

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.