Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No convergence heat transfer in counterflow heat exchanger with moist air

Karsten Hubert Slakhorst

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to model a counterflow heat exchanger with a 2D Axisymmetric component in COMSOL 5.5. In the inner tube is moist air flowing with the following physics: Turbulent Flow, Moisture Transport in Air & Heat transfer in Moist Air. For all physics is the inflow and outlet boundary specified with pre-described a mass flux and inflow temperature.

In the outer tube is water flowing with the following physics: Turbulent Flow & Heat transfer in Fluids. Also for these physics is the inflow and outlet boundary specified with pre-described a mass flux and inflow temperature. The interface between the air and water flow is a thin layer made of structural steel.

Since both flows are turbulent, the first step of the study is the 'Wall Distance Initialization'. After a succesfull Initialization is this problem solved Stationary. But during this study step does the 'Heat Transfer in Fluids' line not converge, while all other lines show convergence.

I have tried different mesh sizes, different configurations of physics, different boundary conditions for the interface boundary (heat fluxes etc.) but none of them succeed. Does someone know how I can fix this problem?

0 Replies Last Post 2022年7月21日 GMT-4 11:52
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Karsten Hubert Slakhorst

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.