Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

cone-jet mode in electrostatic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Here is my problem.
I want to simulate a electrohydrodynamic (EHD) phenomenone , a nozzle with full water (or electrolyte) in a electrostatic field, the the water is polarized and deformed the Taylor cone,then comes the cone-jet mode. My models include the level set -laminar flow and electrostatic,but still cann't get the cone-jet result.Is there anybody also working on a similar model like mine?Did you get the cone-jet results?

Thank you.

8 Replies Last Post 2016年4月29日 GMT-4 09:15
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kaixian Xu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年9月25日 GMT-4 14:37
Hello,

did you reach a successful result? I'm working on this too and I have no clue to do it...

Best regards,

Laia
Hello, did you reach a successful result? I'm working on this too and I have no clue to do it... Best regards, Laia

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月16日 GMT-5 09:09
hi,
I am also simulating the cone-jet formation in electrohydrodynamic atomization. I added laminar two-phase flow,level set and electrostatic models. But I don't how to apply electric field force to the fliud. Can you help me? the version of my comsol is 4.3a.
I will appreciate for your help.
hi, I am also simulating the cone-jet formation in electrohydrodynamic atomization. I added laminar two-phase flow,level set and electrostatic models. But I don't how to apply electric field force to the fliud. Can you help me? the version of my comsol is 4.3a. I will appreciate for your help.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月17日 GMT-5 01:46
hi,
Do you have done the cone-jet of electrohydrodynamic. I want to talk with you about it.
Thanks for your reply.
fulei
hi, Do you have done the cone-jet of electrohydrodynamic. I want to talk with you about it. Thanks for your reply. fulei

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月4日 GMT-4 16:20
Hello,

Have you guys got the reasonable results of EHD cone-jet?
Hello, Have you guys got the reasonable results of EHD cone-jet?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月5日 GMT-4 21:21

Hello,

Have you guys got the reasonable results of EHD cone-jet?

I haven't got the reasonable results.
Are you Chinese?
[QUOTE] Hello, Have you guys got the reasonable results of EHD cone-jet? [/QUOTE] I haven't got the reasonable results. Are you Chinese?

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月31日 GMT-4 12:58
Yes. I am also doing the E-jet modeling.
Yes. I am also doing the E-jet modeling.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年10月4日 GMT-4 01:15
Hi,

So have you managed to get a working model ?

Please do share your procedures in doing so . Thank you very much.
Hi, So have you managed to get a working model ? Please do share your procedures in doing so . Thank you very much.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月29日 GMT-4 09:15
So have you work out the E-jet model? I am also doing the same problem and facing the same problem.
So have you work out the E-jet model? I am also doing the same problem and facing the same problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.