Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Refinement around moving point

whoisjako Laser Powder Bed Fusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on model that has a (time dependend) moving load on a surface, where the path is defined in an interpolation function for x(t) y(t).

To implement a mesh refinement around that moving point i'm trying to use the adaptive meshing.

For me, this moving point and the path is particularly important, which is why I need a very fine mesh there, everything else should be as coarse as possible, as I have defined it in the starting mesh.

Currently I use the longest edge refinement and the manual interval length, because then I can specify fraction of elements in the element selection. But then I can't edit the number of refinements (what i guess would make the mesh finer than default).

If I use the automatic interval length, I can specify the maximum number of refinements, but in the element selection I can only select the rough global minimum that will result in a fine mesh also where i dont need it to be fine.

As I know the full path and time where the mesh has to be fine i was also searching for a different solution so Comsol doesn't has to search for the points where it has to remesh, but I couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jan

0 Replies Last Post 2022年11月21日 GMT-5 12:34
COMSOL Moderator

Hello whoisjako

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.