Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling involving multiple contacts

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modelling compaction of a cylindrical hollow drum. In geometry, I have created drum, rigid base and indenter(indenter and base are discs). There is contact between drum bottom and rigid base which is fixed and indenter and top surface of drum. I have prescribed displacement to the indenter and material of drum is taken as plastic(hardening).

I have applied displacement to indenter as a ramped fucntion. While solving, i have applied a parametric sweep in study(stationary solver), but i am getting convergence up to certain point after which solution does not converge. Please suggest how i can resolve this problem.

Thank you, Mayuresh.

2 Replies Last Post 2023年4月20日 GMT-4 13:15

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年4月19日 GMT-4 09:53

First thing to change is to use an auxilliary sweep in the stationary study step settings, rather than a parametric sweep... without a model file to examine, difficult to suggest more.

I assume you have defined your contact pairs and contact physics nodes?

There are a number of tutorials and application library examples which demonstrate the use of contact within a simulation. I would suggest you start there...

There is also a support article which gives good general advice about setting up contact pairs.

First thing to change is to use an auxilliary sweep in the stationary study step settings, rather than a parametric sweep... without a model file to examine, difficult to suggest more. I assume you have defined your contact pairs and contact physics nodes? There are a number of tutorials and application library examples which demonstrate the use of contact within a simulation. I would suggest you start there... There is also a support article which gives good general advice about setting up contact pairs.

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年4月20日 GMT-4 13:15

First thing to change is to use an auxilliary sweep in the stationary study step settings, rather than a parametric sweep... without a model file to examine, difficult to suggest more.

I assume you have defined your contact pairs and contact physics nodes?

There are a number of tutorials and application library examples which demonstrate the use of contact within a simulation. I would suggest you start there...

There is also a support article which gives good general advice about setting up contact pairs.

Thak you very much..!!

>First thing to change is to use an auxilliary sweep in the stationary study step settings, rather than a parametric sweep... without a model file to examine, difficult to suggest more. > >I assume you have defined your contact pairs and contact physics nodes? > >There are a number of tutorials and application library examples which demonstrate the use of contact within a simulation. I would suggest you start there... > >There is also a support article which gives good general advice about setting up contact pairs. Thak you very much..!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.