Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

vibrating rod

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a coil and inside a rod. The rod vibrate with a given frequency.

Knows somebody how could this in Comsol ?

In help are some materials about vibrating membrane but I don't know exactly to particularize for my case.

Thanks,
CR

3 Replies Last Post 2012年11月13日 GMT-5 08:41
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月12日 GMT-5 14:17
Hi

you need to tell us wha is driving what: is the coil vibrating from an external force, and then you want to induce some signal in the coil (which needs to have some current flowing someway. Or is it the magnetic filed of the coil that is giving a vibrating force on the rod ?

Sort out your variables, then decide for the physics, and sart with the "driving" force/flux

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to tell us wha is driving what: is the coil vibrating from an external force, and then you want to induce some signal in the coil (which needs to have some current flowing someway. Or is it the magnetic filed of the coil that is giving a vibrating force on the rod ? Sort out your variables, then decide for the physics, and sart with the "driving" force/flux -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月13日 GMT-5 06:08

Hi,

The magnetic rod is vibrating inside in a static coil.
Finally I want to calculate the voltage induced in the coil due to variable magnetic fields passing through static coil.
The rod is magnetised.
I used the modules: Magnetic Fields and Electrical Circuit and now I want to vibrate the rod.
I need the Structural Mechanics module to add ?

Hi, The magnetic rod is vibrating inside in a static coil. Finally I want to calculate the voltage induced in the coil due to variable magnetic fields passing through static coil. The rod is magnetised. I used the modules: Magnetic Fields and Electrical Circuit and now I want to vibrate the rod. I need the Structural Mechanics module to add ?

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月13日 GMT-5 08:41
Probably not. The functionality in the base COMSOL Multiphysics module should be enough for your vibration analysis.
Probably not. The functionality in the base COMSOL Multiphysics module should be enough for your vibration analysis.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.